Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chain e-mails: An Urgent Warning

I received this information from both Yahoo! and Google. This is no joke! Chain E-mails are commonly sent through the Net via your server. These e-mails have attachments and a large "CC" list. Usually, they encourage you to send it to between 1 and 10 people. Some attachments are in "pps" format or "jpg" images. They are usually cute and completely irresistable or are messages of deep thought. Some have music while others haven't.

I think you know the ones I'm talking about ("Send this message to 10 friends in the next 10 minutes or your head will explode."). According to Yahoo! and Google these "chain e-mails" often contain spam, or worse, viruses! Sending it to so many people will spread the bad stuff all over the Web ... including your computer. Some virus stay dormant on your hard drive until it activates at a random moment.

You can send all the "chain e-mail" you want. Personally, I'm going to delete them before opening them. As I say, do what you want but I highly recommend following these instructions. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the warning.

Beep, beep, beep!